Product Manager, Tutoring
Amplify EducationFull time
Product Manager, Tutoring
locations Remote – United States
time type Full time
job requisition id Req_10145
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
We are seeking a Product Manager to join the Amplify Tutoring team. Our product managers collaborate with engineering, design, implementation, instructional, and sales/marketing teams to align on and execute the Amplify Tutoring roadmap. This role works with the team’s Product Director to plan discovery and delivery for each yearly business cycle, convert the roadmap into requirements, and support internal and external users. The ideal candidate is experienced working with cross-functional agile teams on greenfield educational technology projects and has demonstrated passion for building the best solutions for educators and students.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine and validate software requirements, system impacts, and consensus on business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Translate the product vision into user stories and ensure requirements focus on building scalable and extensible systems
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the tutoring application, including its features and functionality, user experience, and connections to other Amplify systems
- Support the creation of release communications, training materials, and more as needed to support internal and external users
- Closely partner with engineering and design to drive alignment and deliver key outcomes and collaborate with the Product Director to determine release goals and features
- Leadership: You have the vision and ability to effectively communicate with your team
- People First: You are always thinking what is best for both your team and your users
- Holistic: You see the whole picture from macro/micro levels as well as present/future perspectives
- Self-Sufficient: You are comfortable with ambiguity, take initiative, and know when to seek guidance
- Entrepreneurial: You know change is inevitable, embrace challenges as opportunities, and advocate for new ideas and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience as a product manager/owner on a cross-functional agile team
- Strong communication and collaboration skills for engaging stakeholders and customers
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills for launching and improving products
- Strong project management and personal organization skills
- Experience in education or educational technology
- Experience with greenfield technology projects
- Experience with the software development lifecycle
Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.
What we offer:
Salary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $105,000 – $120,000. This role is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus that rewards individual and company performance.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.