Communications Specialist and Graphic Artist
Booz Allen HamiltonFull time
Title: Communications Specialist and Graphic Artist
Location: US National – Remote
Key to an organization’s growth is strong stakeholder communication that represents and supports its mission, values, and objectives. As a communications professional, you know how to inform and engage key audiences and help promote an organization’s reputation. We’re looking for an experienced communications specialist like you, who is ready to grow and willing to win for the client and live our mission every day. Here, you’ll advance your consulting skills to design, develop, produce, and consult on a variety of internal and external communication materials and media that supports the Department of Defense and military clients.
As a communications specialist on our team, you’ll closely impact the development of creative solutions to complex problems. Your self-guided yet collaborative spirit will shape and nurture relationships with team members, stakeholders, and clients to facilitate acceptance of new policies, processes, and initiatives.
As a collaborator on all aspects of verbal and written communications, you’ll author fact sheets, briefs, talking points, newsletters, pamphlets, web site content, articles, email messages, and social media content. Your creative-thinking and business-oriented mindset will guide your client to inform key audiences through words, images, and sound with tools like Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Outlook. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Work with us as we design, develop, and produce systems, solutions, and platforms to change the military for the better.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 5+ years of experience producing solution-based visual communication materials
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD, and Premier, and Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working in SharePoint and Content Management Systems, including WordPress and Figma
- Experience in brand development, graphic design, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX), and multimedia production
- Experience producing communication materials, including briefing slides, documents, proposals, fact sheets, brochures, websites, graphics, and logos
- Ability to interview technical teams to understand technical messages, seek information, and develop content to solve challenges
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders, including program leadership, executives, engineers, marketing peers, and external media partners
- Ability to tell a great visual story
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
Nice If You Have:
- Experience in graphic and multimedia design
- Experience working in science and engineering environments
- Secret clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full time and part time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs, individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits.
Salary for this position is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, location, the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience, as well as contract specific affordability and organizational requirements. The proposed salary range for this position is outlined below.
Colorado: $55,500 – $113,400 (annualized USD)
New York (including New York City): $58,300 – $134,000 (annualized USD)
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling lifeat work and at home.