Medical Records Coordinator
Title: Medical Records Coordinator
Location: US National – RemoteAbout Kindbody
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and family-building benefits provider for employers offering comprehensive virtual and in-person care. Kindbody’s clinically managed program includes fertility assessments and education, fertility preservation, genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF), donor and surrogacy services, and adoption, as well as physical, mental, and emotional support from preconception through postpartum. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for more than 90 employers, covering more than 2.4 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of high-quality care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $154 million in funding from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, GV (formerly Google Ventures), RRE Capital, Claritas Health Ventures, Rock Springs Capital, NFP Ventures, and TQ Ventures.About the Role
As an experienced Medical Records Coordinator reporting to our Medical Records Manager you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration.
This role is a full time position and the hours are 7:30am-4pm Central Time.Responsibilities
- Provides efficient and timely release of medical records and efficiently processes incoming medical records
- Compiles, processes, and maintains medical records of patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system
- Protects the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained
- Releases information to persons and agencies according to regulations
- Retrieves medical records and critical information from referring provider(s) prior to patient consults
- Ensures that all necessary laboratory, imaging test results, and medical records are obtained
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures associated with safety, sanitation, confidentiality, and company operations
- And other responsibilities and ad-hoc projects from time to time, based on business needs.
- Patient or customer service experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institute strongly preferred
- Experience in a medical office setting is preferred
- Experience in fertility or women’s health preferred
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; free Peloton membership, monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.