Director of Social Media
STN DigitalFull time
Director of Social Media
- Remote job
Our Director of Social is the forefront of STN Digital’s social media strategy & creative output. This role will be expected to guide our social strategy division to stay on top of ever changing platform and content trends. This role will need to be capable of creating social-specific strategies for our clients, as well as building content plans & creative concepts based on our clients given strategies and/or objectives. Projects will consist of social media campaigns & management, digital stunts, live coverage and on-site productions. This role focuses primarily on creative execution, platform strategy development, content planning and helping STN’s clients to become best-in-class and first-to-market.
- Team Management: Oversee Social Leads and in turn, the wider Social Team, in order to guarantee all client standards are met, the team is well supported/trained and projects are executed properly.
- Responsibilities include management of daily tasks, ideation mentorship, growth & development
- Client Management: Collaborate with the VP of Client Ops & Director of Client Ops, as well as other department heads, as needed to support the success and strategy of current clients – specifically Tier 1 or new client projects. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Client-specific goal tracking, content ideation, internal kickoff meetings, and reviewing social decks and items prior to being presented/shared.
- Available for escalation if junior team members need guidance / assistance when managing ongoing social ideation or other social-related items.
- Ensure client requests are met with top-notch and exciting ideas.
- Oversee live coverage events and assist with live coverage training, scheduling, planning, IT support, and rehearsals as needed.
- Innovation Leadership: Constantly looking for ways to push the envelope and researching new uses and capabilities within social platforms.
- Finding innovative, up & coming tech vendors that can be leveraged to benefit STN clients and roll out with the department.
- Organizing continued education programs in order to keep our social strategy team brushed up on ideation tactics and explore new creative processes.
- Strengthen relationships with all social platform reps in order to keep STN clients in front of algorithm changes and platform preferences.
- New Business Pitches: Collaborate with Partnerships and Client Services team members to support the execution of the internal pitch process as a Pitch Lead & Executor.
- Responsibilities may include campaign ideation, copywriting, stunt ideation, best-practice recommendations, establishing social platform strategy & creative concepts in order to accomplish all present asks within each RFP or potential client/opportunity.
Characteristics & Qualifications of the Position:
- 4+ years of experience working Sports/Entertainment marketing, digital agency or like-minded environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field preferred
- Strong analytical skills to help inform the social narrative happening around various industries and the ability to leverage that knowledge to develop innovative social media campaigns
- The capability to predict changes to the social landscape, understand creative trends, and capitalize on those trends is crucial to success
- Results-driven perspective on social marketing efforts with the ability to take analytical results and turn them into creative executions
- Ability to inspire Social team to deliver award-winning social ideas & executions that are relevant, on strategy and in line with client goals
- Deep understanding of social platforms, features & trends and actively implementing changes to the internal team process which helps to offer solutions to our clients
- Strong organizational skills with a detail-oriented approach to holistic social marketing measurement and project management
- Excellent leadership qualities that shine through presented challenges and create an effective working environment for direct reports
- Proven ability to manage and provide leadership in external client relationships with high levels of empathy, proactiveness and responsiveness
Evaluation of KPI’s:
- 90% Of Clients On Track W/Analytics Targets MoM
- All Social Strategy & Ideation Deadlines Met
- Real-time Client Implementation for New Platforms & New Features/Updates
- Quarterly Audit on Team Compliance & Development of Relevant Trainings
STN offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees, including
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Birthday PTO)
- 401K (Traditional & ROTH) + matching
- Health Insurance benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision with an employer contribution
- 9 Paid Company Holidays
- Donation match for 501(c) organizations
- Fully Remote Working Environment
- Dog Friendly HQ
- Complimentary Gym Membership
- Weekly Mental Health Breaks
- Company Provided Phone + Laptop
STN Core Values:
- Be Resilient: Not letting things out of your control hold power over you
- Be Radically Candid: Never hold resentment, always communicate
- Deliver Solutions: Bring Solutions, Not Problems
- Bring Positive Energy: Bring good vibes and joy to every interaction
- Team First: What is best for the ultimate success of the STN?
- Bring a Standard of Excellence: Deliver high-quality and on-time work