QA Engineer II
Housecall ProFull time
QA Engineer II
Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros. We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
BuildBook helps residential construction companies and their clients collaborate more effectively, make better decisions, and simplify the construction process. Builders love us because we help them minimize miscommunication that leads to costly mistakes, make more money, grow their business, and delight their customers. Homeowners love us because we give them a feeling of control and help make the construction and renovation process less stressful.
This industry is full of older “kitchen sink” style software products that are expensive, dated and difficult to use. Most people who need this software are non-technical and struggle on a daily basis to keep track of the details within their business. These struggles are where costly errors typically come in.
Our mission is to create intuitive software that is easily adoptable by builders and their clients alike, and improves the outcomes for both sides.
Helping Real People
Our end users are construction small business owners and their clients (homeowners). Every change we make, every feature we add has a visible, direct impact on the bottom line of our customers. You will be able to see your work being used by real people and see the impact it has on their lives. Our success as a company is directly linked to the success of our customers. We’re only doing well if they’re doing well.
As a QA Engineer II, you develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. As a key member of our growing Quality Assurance team, you support and create API, Web, and mobile automation framework and tests. You design, build, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions for web and mobile applications. You are motivated, enthusiastic, and focused with a real passion for quality assurance engineering. You have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automations, and processes. You enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems.
Our team is patient, empathetic, hard working, and above all else focused on improving the lives of our service professionals (our Pros). Our success is their success.
What you do each day:
- Design robust test scripts for API, Web and Mobile applications using industry standard testing tools and scripting languages
- Conduct review of requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases on different test levels ( integration, system, functional, regression, exploratory testing)
- Contribute to improve the test automation infrastructure & CI/CD jobs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Implement and help the team embrace best automation practices to maintain quality
- Participate in iteration planning meeting and daily stand ups to stay on top of things and report progress
- Work closely with team squads to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automatability and provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
- Act as a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work closely with development to facilitate unit tests and integration tests
- Coach /mentor collaborative team members
- Stay abreast of industry-best tools, methods, and best practices related to both manual and automated testing
- BS in Computer Science or a related area, or with relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Software Developer, or similar Automation role
- Experience in SQL and scripting
- Solid understanding of test framework design that is easily maintainable, resilient, performant and scalable
- Proficient in developing API, Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) test automation using tools like Selenium Webdriver, TestNg, Appium, RestAssured, Rainforest
- Have successfully implemented a CI/CD automation strategy and understand the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- Experience enabling teams to have high quality testing and best practices like CI/CD and “Push-on-Green”
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Proficiency at identifying and analyzing the root cause of complex bugs in your code as well as others’ code
- What will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical & problem solving, documentation, and communication skills
- Have a passion for mentoring others and growing the careers of those around you
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to drive quality
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. #LI-RB1
Location Dependent Information
This role is open to candidates and the expected salary range for this role is $90,000-$121,000. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.